The Grange Biology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grange Biology Forum

An open forum for members of the Grange Biology community to exchange ideas and information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA)

Go down 
+11
tomas_bala
james.kimber96
Pauline Mehech
trini.muxica
Fran Kupfer
BRYANS
jorge.barahona
benja M
Fer Salvatierra :)
benjamin cosoi
Admin
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene P

Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA)   Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 pm

The microscope is one of the most important invention of humans, these tool has help us develop new and more efficent ways to practice medicine. Tese invention also proves and allow us to study cells and other microscopic objects such as bacterias and viruses, thats why doctors can now treat cases that consist in some disses in cells because they can see them. though the telescope is also a very useful tool i think the microscope is better or more necesarry because having knowledge in astronomy is less useful for humans that medicine because medicine saves lifes and astronomy is just an science that show us and help us explain many things of outer space but it wouldnt make a diference if we know this so i think the microscope is a better invention.
Back to top Go down
pedro pablo larrain

PostSubject: microscopes    Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 pm

i believe that microscopes have been a huge discovery and an important advance in what concerns me. i believe that microscopes are rather essencial in the understanding of the anatomy and functions of smaller particles involved in the structures of living things and those not. to say it is the greatest invention in all time is bold in a sense but i support this opinion. this is because microscopes have made us learn about everything around us; the complexities of the body, even the more advanced electron microscopes can show us the reality on an atomic scale. in terms of development it is true that the modern microscopes are not to be compared with the first ones but still first microscopes where able to show us the invisible to the human eye, things we wouldnt have imagine with the aid of what i believe to be the greatest creation of all time...after me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrea G

PostSubject: Re: Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA)   Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 am

¨The invention of the microscope was the most important development during the scientific revolution in our understanding of life¨
I do believe that the invention of the microscope is the most important development during the s.r. in our understanding of life !
Without this humans would not have been able to make the discoverments that are known today.
The cell is basically the origin of life so the ability to see, study and understand it made us realise a whole new world in front us which remained unkown before. Before , there only existed theories and suppositions; but the light and electron microscope lead us to pursue and discover the basis of practically everything there is to know. Being able to see and understand this micro-world is essential to understand our own: causes of deseases, the fact of being able to see and study the viruses and bacterias that cause them is essential for our human race .
What a Face flower I love you

Back to top Go down
A.Bustos

PostSubject: Antonieta Bustos    Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:28 pm

¨The invention of the microscope was the most important development during the scientific revolution in our understanding of life¨

I believe this statement is true. With previous knowledge and after watching the video it is clear that the microscope was a revolution on science. We are now able too understand what we are made of, how we are made and how we work, not just us but everything around us! Without microscopes it would be very difficult to make technological advances such as making better materials for different constructions because with a microscope we are able too se which combination of molecules is better for each purpose. Also in medical discoveries the microscope has literally been a life saver. If doctors can understand how we work, and what we are, they can come up with cures to different illnesses. As mentioned in the video, it is also logical for us humans to be curios to know what it is that surrounds us and get a close idea of what is life, and this is what microsco[/justify]pes do.
tongue
Back to top Go down
fbowen.

PostSubject: Re: Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA)   Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:15 pm

I think that, yes, the microscope was the most Important Discovery of the scientific revolution, maybe even more than the telescope, because it gave us a whole new way of looking at things and was the first step for large scale vaccination projects that ended up saving millions of lives. Also with this new discovery scientists were able to expand their knowledge about biology on that knowledge made their way to medical achievements that will help all of mankind Thanks to the base that those scientists left for us now a days doctors can treat bacteria and viruses very efficiently. in conlcusion this deiscovery was the most important of the scientific revolution because it expanded our way of seeng things and led to increadible medical creations.
Back to top Go down
yoxi5236

PostSubject: Important development--Microscope   Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:30 am

we do need to admit that our daily life has been changed by this great development....it is about culture it is about people it is about our mind's creativity....give us more ways to access to our mind
The microscope, invented by Robert Hooke, gave a major asset to what we know about science today, and theories could know be proved with this artefact.

Great is everywhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA)   Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microscopes and the Scientific Revolution (MFA)
Page 1 of 1