The Grange Biology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grange Biology Forum

An open forum for members of the Grange Biology community to exchange ideas and information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kidney Disease and the Solutions

Go down 
+34
Vicente.Andrighetti
john gray
matias.lafrentz
matias lafrentz
Felipe Garrido
eccle
trini zuazo
vicente maturana
vicente.suarez
joaquinbofill
francisca.caballero
carina vera
Camila Ossandon
fernanda irrazabal
Joachim.Speidel
sophiakortge
josefina contin
manuel.sobral
cata.lagos
Trinidad Torres
matias kalm
Benja Blas
Anto Arroyo
mariana.briggs
kelly mullen
Antonia Canales
andres.sanfuentes
vicho ayarza
josefina.gomez
Francesca Domic
vicente sepulveda
isidora prado
Fernanda Romagnoli
Admin
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vicente.suarez

Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

1) People who are more likely to suffer kidney desease:
People that have familiars that had or have kidney desease. (hereditary).

The people that have a very high pressure in the the blood (hypertension of the blood).

People with sugar diabetes.

2) this can be prevented by:
Have a balance diet.
Always take care of you blood pressure.
Do alot of exercise.

3) I would choose a kidney transplant because it is cheaper and you can save alot of time. because time is money $$$$$$$

Vicente Suárez 1B
Back to top Go down
vicente maturana

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:22 pm

1)people can get kidney disease because of a family history of kidney disease, high blood
pressure,high cholesterol levels and also for diabetes mellitus type 1 or 2.
This are the most comun forms of getting kidney disease.

2)Prevention:
keeping your blood pressure and blood sugar levels near normal can help prevent,
no smoking, eating healthy.

3)I´ll choose kidney transplant because it attacks the problem faster and you can make sure
( for some time ) that it wont happen again, so then i could take al the preventions so it doesnt
happen again and also because is cheaper.

Vicente Maturana 1D set 7
Back to top Go down
trini zuazo

PostSubject: First medios set 7   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 pm

1) People who have hypertension (elevated blood pressure), diabetes or both and people with history in their families of these diseases may also have a higher chance of suffering kidney disease.

2) To prevent kidney disease people should regularly go to the doctor,specially if the person has any of the characteristics mentioned above, to check and control their cholesterol level, blood pressure and sugar level. A good diet and regular exercise helps to reduce chances of getting idney disease.

3) I would like a kidney transplant because in a long term its cheaper, and its also quicker than the dialysis since you have to pay every time you get one. Also the transplants offers you much more freedom and life is less disrupted (even though you have to take some pills), unlike dialysis which has to be done at least 3 times a week for 6 to 8 hours for the blood to get filtered. Its also very difficult because there are not enough machines and trained people to get the dialysis. and after the kidney transplant you get to live an almost normal life, and enjoy it.

Trinidad Zuazo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eccle

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 pm

1-The candidates that might suffer from kidney's disease are the ones that might have hypertension (blood pressure), people that suffer from diabetes and aslo it is hereditary, that means that you may have it if any poeple of your family has it.

2-Kidney's disease may be prevent by having a healthy diet, because this helps lowering your blood pressure, cholesterol and sugars from your body, also check your blood pressure constantly. Another way is by a uirne test.

3- I would prefer the transplant because "a la larga" is more chepaer than a kidney dyalisis, also I wuld assure to go for only 2 weeks after the operation to the hospital, instead idf you will make the dyalisis you have to go almost all weeks to see it with a doctor

El Eccle 1C Smile
Back to top Go down
Felipe Garrido

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 pm

1) People who are most likely to have this desease are the ones who suffer from sugar diabetes, high blood pressure or hypertension (greater than 120/70) and inherited diseases.

2) Kidney disease can be prevented by checking our blood pressure and by taking blood and urine tests. As well, if we practice exercise and start a diet we can decrease our blood pressure, blood sugars and cholesterol levels.

3) If I had kidney disease I would prefer a kidney transplant. It is a better solution, I think, because you wouldn't need to be connected to a machine for 6 or 8 hours and my life would not be disrupted by this. After I recover from the operation I can live my normal day life.

Felipe Garrido 1ºA
Back to top Go down
matias lafrentz

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:03 pm

1) People that have a higher possibility to have Kidney Disease are the ones who suffer from hypertension, diabetes or sugar diabetes and high blood cholesterol levels. Another great possibility if one of your family members has kidney disease, it can be inherited.

2) The easier and most healthy way to prevent kidney disease is exercising and having a balanced diet. It is also vital to have regular blood and urine test from the age of 18. This way you can detect Kidney Disease hopefully at an early stage. These tests are recommended also if a family member suffers from kidney disease.

3) I would choose depending on the kind and danger the kidney disease represents for my life. If it is small I would prefer dialysis, it is slower but it is more trust able. If the disease is severe I would choose the transplant even if it requires that something can go wrong

Matias lafrentz 1-E Smile
Back to top Go down
matias.lafrentz

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 pm

1) People that have a higher possibility to have Kidney Disease are the ones who suffer from hypertension, diabetes or sugar diabetes and high blood cholesterol levels. Another great possibility if one of your family members has kidney disease, it can be inherited.

2) The easier and most healthy way to prevent kidney disease is exercising and having a balanced diet. It is also vital to have regular blood and urine test from the age of 18. This way you can detect Kidney Disease hopefully at an early stage. These tests are recommended also if a family member suffers from kidney disease.

3) I would choose depending on the kind and danger the kidney disease represents for my life. If it is small I would prefer dialysis, it is slower but it is more trust able. If the disease is severe I would choose the transplant even if it requires that something can go wrong

Matias lafrentz 1-E Smile miss me tuve que hacer otro porque se me confundio la clave Razz
Back to top Go down
john gray

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:35 pm

1) People who are more likely to suffer from kidney disease are the ones who suffer from diabetes or sugar diabetes, people who have high blood preassure or hypertension and people whos familiars already had this disease so it can be inherited.

2) Kidney disease can best be prevented by being in healthy conditions so being in good phisical conditions and eating a healthy diet, this helps because it lowers the blood pressure of the person and also reduces the sugars and colesterol of the persons body (less risk of having the disease). Also kidney disease can be prevented by having a frequently check of your blood pressure.

3) I would choose the option of the kidney transplant because this way you only have to do one big operation and then a few checks but i wouldnt be capable of having such a big responsability of gowing all the weeks or months to the doctor for the procedure of the dialysis.

JOHN GRAY 1ºC eu
Back to top Go down
Vicente.Andrighetti

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:21 pm

1) What type of people are most likely to suffer from kidney disease?

People are more likely to suffer from kidneys disease if they have sugar diabetes, if they have hypertension (blood pressure greater than 120/70) or if they have family members with this same disease (hereditary).

2) How can kidney disease best be prevented?

Kidney disease can be prevented by many ways. First of all you need to be aware of your blood pressure, you should check a doctor regularly for this. You also need to have a good diet and have an exercise routine because this helps to reduce pressure in blood, cholesterol and sugar. A urine test also helps to see if there is any problem with your kidneys.

3) If you were suffering from Kidney disease, which form of treatment would you prefer to have; Kidney Dialysis or a Kidney transplant? Explain clearly why.

3) I would prefer a kidney transplant rather than a dialysis, because although there is a risk of a tissue rejection, a dialysis would not let me be able to live my life as I normally do, because it wouldn’t allow me to do the things I like such as playing sports. A transplant would give me more freedom in general compared to the dialysis. Also I would hate to be stuck to a machine that would prevent me from doing the stuff I like. Finally a transplant would be cheaper in long terms.

Vicente Andrighetti 1B lol! jocolor geek farao Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
sachigl

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:08 pm

1. People that are most likely to suffer from kidney disease, are the ones that have diabetes, or hypertension (blood pressure greater that (120/70); but also this disease can be inherited.

2.You can prevent this disease by having healthy diet, and a good physical condition; But you also have to be aware of your pressure.

3.For me, it depends on the conditions, if it is very complicated and a really serious problem i would definitely rather the kidney transplant, because is kind of faster. But, if the disease is not very complicated i would prefer the dialysis.

Sachiko González 1ºD Sleep
Back to top Go down
beleen esquiveel

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:30 pm

1. The most likely people to suffer of kidney disease is people that have sugar diabetes or hypertension (high level of blood preassure-over 120/70). Also there is people that can inheritate the disease from past relatives who suffered of kidney disease.

2. We can prevent the kidney disease firstly by being aware. We should be checking our blood pressure and our sugar levels constantly for determining if our kidney is fine. By making exercises and diets we can lower the blood pressure and the sugars in the blood preventing the chances of having this disease.

3. I would prefer to have a kidney transplant instead of a dyalisis treatment because the transplant is much cheaper and I wouldn't waste my time making the long treatment. My life would be less disrupted.

BELÉN ESQUIVEL 1E Wink
Back to top Go down
trinidad.vergara

PostSubject: KIDNEY DISEASE   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:31 pm

1. What type of people are most likely to suffer from kidney disease?
People that are most likely to suffer from kidney disease are the ones which have diabetes, hipertension (high blood pressure over 120/70) and can be an inherited disease, for example, if one family member has it.

2. How can kidney disease be best prevented?
Kidney disease can be best prevented by increasing the awareness of the existance of it, what your blood pressure, do an actual blood test, a urine test, also diet and exercise will help you low blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol. If you are able to control or manage this three things you will make a big improvement in your disease.

3. If you were suffering from kidney disease, which form of treatment would you prefer to have; kidney dyalisis or a kidney transplant?
It is a very difficult choice because both have advantages and disadvantages. Is it true that kidney transplant it is easier to handle with, because you dont interrrupt everyday your life about 3 hours doing the dyalisis but the probability of that kidney to be compatible with your body it is very hard and you have to be lucky. One thing is that you have the transplant made but the other is that the kidney works properly.
So I really dont know, I would have to see my conditions in that moment.

TRINIDAD VERGARA 1°D
Back to top Go down
carlos.munoz

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm

1)- People with high blood preasure.
- people that have family members that have had kidney disease before.
- People with diabetes.
- Any accident in the kidney.

2) You can prevent kidney diseases by exercising on a regular basis, have a balance diet and drinking lots of water so that the blood preasure does not get to highalso people should go to the doctor once a year to check.

3) If I had kidney disease I would prefer kidney transplant, it is more expensive but it is better because you can continue to do your normal life after the operation, and not be in a machine.

CARLOS MUNOZ 1E
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kidney Disease and the Solutions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2