The Grange Biology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grange Biology Forum

An open forum for members of the Grange Biology community to exchange ideas and information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)

Go down 
+24
antonio.delorenzo
Sarah Guiloff
isi cociña
natyjana
Luna Marinetti
sofia goto
cata vallejo:)
evolley
Anto Ferrer
szaror17
camila pesce
Sofi_Fox
james.kimber96
Manu Gómez
josetosilva
Miki.S.K
tomaspaz
Javi Garrao
rocio.aguilera
Jon Walbaum
rolf petter
Cristian.Baeza
ignaciootero
Admin
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Empty
PostSubject: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Watch the two videos below; The Tree of Life and Evolution in 5 minutes

In at least 100 words please answer the following questions.

1) Which stage of evolution do you believe was the most important in the evolution of life as we know it?

2) Why?

You may need to do further research on the internet to answer these questions effectively. If you do, please include any references you use.

DUE DATE: You must have completed this task by the start of your second class During Week 21 (9(8/10) Shocked

[strike]
Back to top Go down
https://grangebiology.forumotion.com
ignaciootero

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm

In my opinion the most highlighted moment in the evolution of life was when creatures from the seas developed, instead of fins, they developed feet. This gave them the oportunity to go and explore the land that they hadn´t explore yet, transforming them instead of fish, they were anphibians, this was the biggest push to the animal race to go and explore new lands, look for new resources, new ways of living, taking advantage of the space , that wasn´t used, they still had to lay theyer eggs on water, but those animals that did develope theyre paws had a huge advantage to those that hadn´t.

When the first animals ventured to lands, lots of different species had constructed a new part of the tree of life, different tipe of water species, when ventured to land, developed different types of usefull new organs. Some of the animals developed flaps, which finished as wings, which ment insects had arrived to the new world, which then developed to birds. tongue
Back to top Go down
Cristian.Baeza

Cristian.Baeza

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 pm

The most important stage of evolution in the entire process of evolution is the developement of cells because they are the seed that started the whole tree of life and without them being made life wouldnt be possible .
Although they were many important changes in evolution making us get closer to what we are today, it wouldnt have started without the cell. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rolf petter

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 pm

I think that the most important stage is when the cells started to be hollow so that multi-cell organisms could be formed. This is important because from this stage onward all the animals evolved from this. Even though walking on land was an important step there is still more animals and species in the sea because this covers more space than land, making it more important to be able to develop here. Every animal in the planet needs organs to survive and this stage permited creatures to create them and adapt to the different situations in the planet Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Lederman

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Y think the most important part of the evolution and the tree of life was when sea animals passed fro water to land. Y think this part of the evolution was the most important because when sea animal passed to land they found a new life, a new development. like the animal passes to land he has to adapt-ate to survive, this makes new and new spices. From the change to water to land the tree of life has get bigger and bigger this causing living thing that are more intelligent and can survive. By years and years because of that change now the human is in life... afro Very Happy cyclops
Back to top Go down
Jon Walbaum

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:03 pm

I think that the most important process in the evolution of organisms was that of the development of cells. This created the very roots of all organisms and when they began to attach themselves to each other, becoming multi-celled organisms, the process of evolution was boosted. Without the development of cells, nothing alive would exist and Earth would just be a barren planet just like other planets such as Mars. There would be no life whatsoever. This is what makes me believe that the development of cells is the most important part in evolution.
Back to top Go down
rocio.aguilera

rocio.aguilera

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:22 pm

I believe the most important stage in the evolution of life was when the complex chemical molecules formed microscopic blobs, this gave a start to the creation of cells and later on opened the doors to life itself. This was basically the reason why living things and organisms where created, without this process there would have been no life at all.
Later on we can highlight the transformations that animals had in order to adapt to their habitat, as we could also mention how it all started in the sea but little by little this changes permitted organisms to live in the sea, at land or even fly.
Back to top Go down
Javi Garrao

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 pm

In my opinion, the most important stage of evolution and tree of life is when the cells started to join together and form multi-cell organisms. Thats when the life itself started to appear. This cells attached themselves creating different type of creatures, that where curious for unknown land. Every creature that came out of water, started to develop legs and arms forming now land animals, such as dinosaurs and insects, which later on, developed wings. In time, thanks to cells, all the different type of animals we see around us exists. What a Face
Back to top Go down
tomaspaz

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm

I think that the most important part was when the sea animals went from water to land. I think this is the most important because they foudnd a new life and a very different one, the animals need to adapt to the land conditions also the species are changing an that means that the tree of life is gettiong bigger every time there is a new spacie. affraid
Back to top Go down
Jalcaino

PostSubject: Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:13 pm

I think the most important step it took in evolution was when the see creatures went from the see to land because this gave them more oportunities for them to explore places they have never been before and also to keep on with evolution in the new land and adapt to the needs of each specie.
Back to top Go down
Miki.S.K

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 pm

The most important part in the evolucion as we know it today, is the creation of cell cause due to that, we have develop all the animals and living arganisims we know today, and from that everything went on. This is important cause it is the start of the most simple way of a living organism the bacteria which is still alive even in this days.But there is also another thing that i want to add. The development of the backbone in animals gave its way to the creation of humans and the ecosystem we know today in earth apart from insects. So it was important too! Because animals had more control over its limps, they could have more movement because muscles were develop and this ones were solid so they could handdle the gravity that was felt on the land, so there bodies did not gave away and there organs were not crash by the weight of the animals flesh. But if it weren't for diversity and the hability to adapt to the envirioment, there would not be the wide ecosystem that we have today!!! afro
Back to top Go down
josetosilva

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:34 pm

in my opinion the most important part is when the water animals turn from living in the water to living on land, this step may be very important to them because the start a new live style. they need to develo`p a new sistem for breathing outside.SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Manu Gómez

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm

I think that the most important phase in the evolution was when sea animal started to develop legs and other characteristic to be able to live or to go out to the surface. I think this because thay had more chances to explore unknown territories and extend their species.Also because they could reach and explore new places due to the different movements they could do and by the different landscape. Another point is that they expanded the living creatures as the other living organisms in the sea dindt die nor disapeare.
And most importantly, because we could finally apeare in the tree of life many years later. What a Face
Back to top Go down
james.kimber96

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:16 pm

I think that the most important stage in the evolution was the development of cells. Thanks to this we exist and all the animals in the world exist. It is also important when the fish start growing strong muscles in their feet ( instead of fins) and they could walk on land, they could also extend their specie and live in different habitats.
In conclusion, the development of cells was very important and because of that we are standing in this world. cat rabbit pirat monkey cheers cherry albino santa farao albino
Back to top Go down
Sofi_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm

In my opinion, the most important step in evolution was when a hundred and fifty million years ago, fish travelled from sea to land. This was important because, with this evolution, land animal's characteristics we see now started to appear. This separated in different groups: one group formed long bodies, with flaps, which later turned into wings; this were the first insects. Insects are very important lo life as we know it, if life had continued to form underwater, none of the animals would exist, we wouldn't exist. A few million years after, more evoluted fish, with strong legs and jaws, followed the insects’ example and ventured to land. This finally turned into the first reptiles. Reptiles were the start of all land life after the insects. They started to lay their eggs in land, which made the animals even more land dependant. After followed the dinosaurs, which died in unknown event. All the animals had died...except for one family of animals, with turned their scales into feathers, and became the first birds. For me, the most important moment was this; the dinosaurs disappearance of the face of earth and the development of birds. This then takes to the family of animals which would then turn into humans, mammals. They started with a small number; these surviving animals grew a resisting fur, which protected them. This made them able to live everywhere and be active at all times. Then apes appeared, which we now know, evoluted into humans; walking in two feet instead of four to leave their ‘hands’ free. This was the start of all life in both sea and land, were life really started to happen.
Back to top Go down
camila pesce

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:53 pm

I think that the most important things that happened in the evolution was when cells started to develop because from cells many other things can be formed. Human are made of millions of cells as well as other creatures do, so we can also study organisms that share the same world with us. It is very interesting to know about the evolution of cells because like that we can understand how organisms are formed and how do they work. A nother thing about evolution that I think is very important is when the creatures that lived in the sea started to obtain the muscles an capacitys to be in land
Back to top Go down
szaror17

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 pm

I think the most important part of evolution was when the cells were formed. This is because is from where all living things like animals and humans were "born". I found both videos very interesting because I didn`t knew in so much details how was evolution. One of the most interesting parts I saw was in the first video, when the man explained that the specie of dinosaurs that didn`t become extinct the evolutionated then into the birds. I also didn`t know that the first species of animal where in the water. Very Happy Basketball Surprised Wink
Back to top Go down
Anto Ferrer

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:32 pm

I think it was when the organisms ventured into land, because when they did, it created lots of different branches in the tree of life, expanding the living animals on earth. it is important because many organisms already had homes in land, so more and more animals changed their ways and left the water to live in land.
Back to top Go down
evolley

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:51 pm

i think that the most important event is when the the first living organisim is craeted becuse its the start of live because without that living organisim we wouded be here at all.

Another important event is when the living creatures went to land and thats why we are living one surface of the earth and if that event had never hppened we would be living on the botom of the sea.

lol! scratch
Back to top Go down
cata vallejo:)

PostSubject: i belive the most important part of the evolution is when fish get out of the water because within that moment it developed in reptiles which developerd in dinosaoures then in bierds and eventualy mamals already existead but where very little and insign   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:32 pm

elephant

[strike][/quote]
Back to top Go down
sofia goto

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I think the most important state of evolution was the reptile because it took a big part on evolution. It started as an anphibian then its skin got dried up and they started evolving in many different types of reptiles getting biger and biger,they strated developing their teeth, the things the ate, their legs, back,back bone. Becomeing the strongest leaders of the animal kingdom.they were one of the most important for some people but I think they were essential.They started with the food chain by eating other animals some have also survived the meteor like crocodiles. They appeared for some long period in the videos and made a big change
Back to top Go down
francisc

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 pm

In my opinion the most important part of de video is the one in wich the first cell appeared, because that´s how it all started and how all was created , if that cell never existed we also never existed too.
Back to top Go down
Luna Marinetti

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

In my opininion, the most important stage of the evolution of life was when sea animals appered and started to transform and adapt as they explored new surroundings where they needed different physical conditions to be able to survive including modifying their nutrition and corporal temperature. As this animals started to evolve, new species developed and some others mantained until today. My point is that the causes of the existance of animals and humans is based in the evolution of sea animals. For example, a living organism like a fish, started to explore and finally had to modify his conditions and become a amphibian which from there, organisms expand creating new animals with different characteristics. This was very imposrtant now that with time, humans could evolve and develop from monkeys to transform to what we are now even though it was a very long process of millions of years!
Back to top Go down
natyjana

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of life (MFA). By: Natalie Jana   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 pm

I believe that the most important stage of the evolution is the process of which creatures pass from just living in WATER to LAND.
This stage is important as the animals had to change their adaptations to live in a new habitat; Land. These adaptations change as for a need of survival, animals became larger, began to have dry skin and scales and also legs and arms, and instead of just swimming, animals began to walk. New adaptations were in need because, of a new type of nutrition and temperature. This part of evolution is also very important for the tree of life, as the animals began to lay their eggs on land. As more eggs were laid on land more life began to surge on it, making land a main place for life.

Natalie Jana afro cyclops
Back to top Go down
isi cociña

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 pm

In my opinion the most important stage of evolution is when the cratures had to develop and pass to live on land. This needed several adaptations, such as the growth of legs and arms, the size changing and the changes in the skin of this animals. They needed physical adaptations as theu´re corporal temperature. Also animals began to walk, that helped them to develop and to make more species. As eggs where laid on land new enivronments were found, making land a main place of life. The new environments needed the adaptations from the creatures if they wanted to survive.
cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)   Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evolution and the Tree of Life (MFA)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next