The Grange Biology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grange Biology Forum

An open forum for members of the Grange Biology community to exchange ideas and information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Evolution and the Tree of Life

Go down 
+10
Sarah Guiloff
maca orpis g
Kyle Steinsapir
dani calderon
samuelerrazuriz
tomas collao
isi cociña
luccav
mari arratia
Admin
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Evolution and the Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Watch the two videos below; The Tree of Life and Evolution in 5 minutes

In at least 100 words please answer the following questions.

1) Which stage of evolution do you believe was the most important in the evolution of life as we know it?

2) Why?

You may need to do further research on the internet to answer these questions effectively. If you do, please include any references you use.

DUE DATE: You must have completed this task by the start of your second class During Week 21 (9(8/10) Shocked

[strike]
Back to top Go down
https://grangebiology.forumotion.com
Mileno D

PostSubject: Forum   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm

1) I think the evolution that was most important was from Homo nardental to Homo sapiens sapiens, because was from the when the man become to discover new things because it was formed a type of comunication and with technology they could find further information which helps us untill today. This important evolution is something that change the world in good and bad way, such us take us to hae lots of pollution but lot of technology was invented too.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto g

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:11 pm

I think one of the most important part of the evolution was when the animals that were in the water came out to land, because this made all the species to reproduce to another spicies and form different animals. Also this made all the evolution easier to all the animals that came after them and develop easier in a faster way. If this have not happened maybe we would no be here.
Back to top Go down
Cote

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I think that the most important step was when the first men or hominids apeared because They started progresly during millions of years walking in two feet, they had fingers so they could grab things, they could hunt and they were capable of creating tools to make their life easier., this way we evolve in to what we are now, Homo Sapiens Sapiens and we are the most intelligent specie. Thanks to this evolution we have progress and have many technologies
Back to top Go down
mari arratia

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I think in the evolution the most important perios was the Devonian Period because this is when some of the water animals start to grow them legs and teeth so they can live in land. They pass from living in water yo loving on land. This is very importan because this is one of the first steps for all of the other land kingdoms to form Wink
Back to top Go down
luccav

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:56 pm

In my opinion the most important stage of evolution i the history was whenm the animals or creatures that lived in the water came out to land. This is very important because when they came out to the land they started to devolop and form new species that today we know. This may also be very important because here other classes started to came. elephant
Back to top Go down
isi cociña

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 5:22 pm

I think that the most important stage of the evolution is when the creatures maked the change from water to land. This involved physical changing, such as corporal temperature changed, the growth of legs and arms, the size of the hole creature became bigger. Adapting was necesary because of the climatic changes of the new environment. cyclops
Back to top Go down
tomas collao

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:12 pm

I think that the most important stage of evoltuion was when the cells started to develop, beacause that was the seed that started everything, and if the cells wouldn´t have divided we wouldn`t have all the diferent species. When the cells became multi-cellular organisms everything started, and they kept developing to form the diferent creatures, that after, started to develop by theirselves,
to survive the diferent changes such as the change from water to land, that needed physical changes to survive.
Back to top Go down
samuelerrazuriz

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:53 pm

I think that the most important stage of evolution was when the Tree of Life was broken by the Big Bang. All the dinasours dissapeared, except for one branch, who scales have been modified by feathers; they were "the birds". While the birds developed in the sky, the few survivors began to increase the number of them on land. This stage of evolution completely marked the history of evolutive chain because it completely unbalanced the Tree of Life. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dani calderon

PostSubject: evolution of the tree   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:33 pm

I think the most important and relevant stage in the history of the evolution is when the very first cell appeared. this is importante because it is from the seed where everything comes from; it is also the first part of the "tree life" and thanks to that small cell, the rest of the tree could grow. everything starts from small things, even humans. I find this really interesting because we all come from tiny cells that form bigger things.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Steinsapir

PostSubject: Evolution of the tree   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Which stage of evolution do you believe was the most important in the evolution of life as we know it? Why?

I think the most important stage of evolution was when 65,000,000 years ago the great disaster that overtook the earth, exterminated a great proportion of animals and all the dinosaurs disappeared, except for one branch which developed feathers. The birds. Another small insignificant group of survivors started to increase in numbers on the ground beneath. This creatures had warm bodies and were insulated with fur. They were the first mammals. Their warm bodies allowed them to be active all the time (at day as well as night), and at all places (from the arctic to the tropics, in water as well as on land and on planes as up in the trees.)

I think that this was very important to the evolution of life as we know it because the mammals are a great part of today's animal kingdom, and we (homo sapiens sapiens) are mammals.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Fuensali

PostSubject: A. Fuensalida   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 pm

I thik the most important stage of evolution was after the big bang. Though many species were extermined, the ones that survived became the ones that we know now. The fiew that were able to exist ,adapted to their survival circumstances, so that birds were able to fly and all of them modified themselves to create a variety.
Back to top Go down
maca orpis g

PostSubject: evolution!   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 pm

I think that in the topic of evolution, the most important prosses was "DEVONIAN" this was when the water animals started to develop (teeth, legs, haands, hair) so that they could leave on land so, some animals that leaved in water started to leave and develop on land, new tipes of animals apeared, and made the animals and kingdomd we have now a days! Very Happy cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah Guiloff

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 am

In the evolution of life the complex chemical molecules formed microscopic blobs which developed into cells but most important, life started, which for me makes this the most important stage in evolution. Animals and any living organism evolved from this. Later on another important phase happened which was the devonian period; when legs grew on fish and permitted them to walk on land. This was one of the many adaptations fish had during evolution because they had to prepare for unknown habitats and adapt to new surroundings. From all this changes appeared new species; some able to swim, others to walk and some to fly. Very Happy

Last edited by Sarah Guiloff on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marcelo torrealba

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:20 pm

I think that the most important stage of evolution was when the animals that leave on see went to the land and then at the see when the start to develope backbones and a skull that has jaws that could make the animal grab and hold to there prey. This is important because when a variaty of animals who lived in the see adventure themselves to the land and start to developed, that maked new species on land like insects and all tipe of animals where created. Laughing cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
martin sigren

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:53 pm

I think the most important moment of evolution and the tree of life is the first seed that apeard on earth, the begining of everything, the fist seed of the tree of earth. This is very important because is the begining of everything, its all because of that seed, plants, animals, insects, every leaving thing its because of that seed. Thats why its so importat.
Back to top Go down
alberto campos

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I think that the more important moment of evolution and tree of life was when the first cell start duplicating and developing because if that process had never occur the animals had not developed. When the animals started to developed, they developed their backbones, their hands and feet so they can walk outside the water end start adaptating their bodies for the jungle and the dessert, so thats why the cell developig is so important.
Back to top Go down
antonio.delorenzo

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:07 am

I think that the most important stage of evolution was when the animals that leave on see went to the land and then at the see when the start to develope backbones and a skull that has jaws that could make the animal grab and hold to there prey. This is important because when a variaty of animals who lived in the see adventure themselves to the land and start to developed, that maked new species on land like insects and all tipe of animals where created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution and the Tree of Life   Evolution and the Tree of Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evolution and the Tree of Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grange Biology Forum :: PAULA DE LA MAZA :: 8th Basico :: Evolution and the Tree of Life (PMA)-
Jump to: