The Grange Biology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grange Biology Forum

An open forum for members of the Grange Biology community to exchange ideas and information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kidney Disease and the Solutions

Go down 
+46
isabella st.
fernando orrego
antonia.hurtado
tomasarce
carlos.munoz
fernanda valiente
francisco grgurina
Anto Rodriguez
vicente
Cata Muñoz
gregorio ingham
Martina Cuevas
matias orpis
pablo.cotera
Martino Egidio
Pedro Varela
Nico Aveta 7
Philip Black
M.J. Ojeda
Oscar Leria
renata diuana
vale zamorano
matiasnoguera
ileana correa
Nicolas Delorenzo
carlosklein
sebastian muñoz
Francisco Rencoret
Deborah Trumper.
Francisca Fuchs
sharon210
Joako Ruiseñor
SRojas
sebastian.aguayo
Manuela Lasserre
pascale christiansen
Daniela Fischer
tomas.silva
Juan Cristobal Barriga
domi perramont
alvaroq
carina vera
Benja Blas
Consuelo Dezerega
andres suazo
Admin
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vale zamorano

Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:26 pm

1. People who suffer sugar diabetes are in high risk of kidney disease, people with high/elevated blood pressure (hypertension) and people that have a family history with kidney disease.

2. By keeping a healthy diet and realizing plenty of exercise we can prevent kidney disease. Also increasing our awareness for it, be usually controlling our blood pressure and making blood and urine tests to know if we have any problem with the kidneys.

3. If I had a kidney disease I would prefer the kidney transplant. It gives you more possibilities to keep your life as it was, after the process has been realized and your body has adapt to the new kidney your everyday life can continue not affected by the transplant. With the dialysis I would have to depend on the machine using it at least 3 times a week and that would affect the routines in my life.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
renata diuana

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 5:05 pm

1) People with high pressure (hypertension) or diabetes are most likely to suffer of a kidney disease. People that had suffered from a gun shot, an automobile accident or infection can have damage in their kidney too. People may also inherit the diseases.

2) People should be aware of the kidney disease; they should test their selves annually but if someone has any of the problems that may cause a kidney disease (diabetes, hypertension, etc)he or she should be tested more frequently. People can also prevent a kidney disease by exercising, dieting and by drinking lots of water. With them you control your cholesterol, blood pressure and the blood sugars.

3) I World choose a kidney transplant because even though I might suffer a little bit during difficult operation or after, I believe it’s more effective. I think dialysis is more complicated because you have more restrictions and it takes more time (all the time you need), and even though you can have your dialysis at home I think a kidney transplant can improve your quality life more than it.

Renata Diuana
Back to top Go down
Oscar Leria

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:48 pm

1) People which suffer diabetes or people which have high blood preasure are more likely tu suffer kidney disease

2)The best way to prevent kidney disease is being healthy and doing excercise regularly. Checking regularly with your doctor helps too.

3) I would choose kideny transplant, it has less regulations and it is less invasive. After some time you can go back to your normal lifestyle.

Oscar Leria
Back to top Go down
M.J. Ojeda

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 pm

1) The types of people most likely to suffer from kidney disease are people with either high sugar levels in the blood, or diabetes (which have the same effect). Also people with high blood pressure (that means over 120/70) and people with inherited family diseases.

2) There are many ways of preventing kidney disease. 1 way of doing that is by having increased awareness about the whole situation. If you are more aware, there is more chance you will be able to find out if you have it or not. You should also gets regular tests done, for example an urine test or a blood test which can immediately tell whether there is anything wrong with the kidneys or not. Another good way of preventing kidney disease is by regular exercise and a healthy diet. This is the most effective way of preventing it.
3) If I had kidney failure I would definitely choose to have a kidney transplant. Because even if there is a huge chance of my body rejecting the kidney, I would still like to have a chance of a normal life because if the transplant worked I would have a completely normal life after that. But on the other hand if I chose to have kidney dialysis I would have a good chance of surviving a long time, but my whole life would be disrupted by the dialysis sessions. So all in all I would choose to have a kidney transplant.
Back to top Go down
Philip Black

PostSubject: Philip Black   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Kidney Disease
1) The people who are most likely to suffer from kidney disease are those with high blood pressures or diabetes. It is also well known for being a disease which can be in the family or in other words inherited.

2) By increasing our awareness of the disease and of ourselves, like our blood pressure or by tests like urine ones or our family history with kidney disease or things like diabetes.

3) If I were suffering from a kidney disease I would choose a kidney transplant, reason as to why would be because I would trust more the help of medics and not to be recovering at home or be following strict diets.

Philip Black
bounce Smile
Back to top Go down
Nico Aveta 7

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 pm

1) People that have sugar diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) are most likely to have kidney disease. The combination of this two will make the kidney disease very likely. However, this disease can also be inherited.

2) Especially in high risk populations, you should be always know what your blood pressure is and perform urine and blood tests likely. Also having a balanced diet and making exercise helps to lower the blood pressure, the cholesterol and the sugars in the blood.

3) A kidney transplany would be my first choice, because apart from the risk it's almost the same as having your own and it would not affect by daily life. On the other hand a kidney dyalisis would mean stand beside a machine 6 to 8 hours, 5 to 7 times a week. Unless I was unable to perform the operation, kidney transplant would be my first choice.
Back to top Go down
Pedro Varela

PostSubject: Kidney Disease   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm

1) People with sugar diabetes and people with high pressure of blood (hypertension). If you have even one of this, you are at risk, more even if you suffer of both... This causes are genetical, so if you have a parent that had kidney disease, diabetes or hypertension, its probable you have it also.

2) You can prevent kidney disease increasing your awareness of it when you are sorrounded by high risk people in special. When we say increasing awareness, we mean having blood tests, urine tests, pressure readings and all of this allaways complemented with a healthy diet, and a fit. lifestyle.

3) In case i had kidney disease, i would like to have a kidney transplant instead of a dialysis, so i can finish with the problem at once, instead of having to make a doctor visit part o my day ruitine. Dispite a trnasplant could be riskfull, i preffer a good and lasting solution, than one that could be not that effective.

PEDRO VARELA
1ºF
SET 6 (MFA)
affraid albino
Back to top Go down
Martino Egidio

PostSubject: Martino Egidio   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

1) People who have a high blood pressure or that have high levels of sugar in their blood (sugar diabetes) are most likely to have kidney disease. If someone has only one of this conditions he is a good cantidate for kidney disease. Kidney disease can also he hereditary.

2) To prevent kidney disease you should have a healthy lifestyle, do sports and eat healthy. Doing sports also helps to lower blood pressure and sugar in your blood. Its also important to always know your levels of sugar and blood pressure.

3) If I had kidney disease I rather have a transplant before dialysis. this is because even thou the transplant may be more risky, it cures the problem. With dialysis the problem dosent go away, so i think that having to go to the doctor very offten would affect my lifesyle. thats why i would prefer to take the risk of a transplant.

Martino Egidio 1-A
Back to top Go down
pablo.cotera

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm

1) People with high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels (sugar diabetes) or a family history of kidney disease are most likely to suffer from the disease. Having more than one of this factors will almost certainly result in kidney disease.

2) The best way to prevent kidney disease is to have a healthy lifestyle, which includes physical activity, eating well, sleepig enough, etc. Regularly going to medical controls to check your blood pressure and sugar levels is also a good way to prevent kidney disease.

3) I would definiteley have a kidney transplant rather than dialysis if I had the option to have a transplant. Even though it may be more risky, it is cheaper in the long run, and only affects your lifestyle during the recovery of the operation, unlike dialysis, to which you have to go various times per week for all of your life.

Pablo Cotera 1B
Back to top Go down
matias orpis

PostSubject: kidney disease   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Kidney disease

1) People that are most likely to suffer from kidney disease are those who have a family history of high blood pressure, a family history of diabetes or if you had diabetes or high blood pressure.

2) You can prevent kidney disease by doing regular exercise, having a balanced diet and going to check yourself with a doctor regularly.

3) If I was suffering from Kidney disease I would chose kidney transplant because compared to the kidney dialysis my everyday life wouldn’t change so much and also the kidney dialysis is very expensive.

Matias Orpis What a Face
Back to top Go down
Martina Cuevas

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:51 pm

1) People that are most likely to have kidney disease are the ones who have high blood pressure (hypertension), any type of diabetes, or it might just be inherited from someone in your family who has either diabetes or hypertension.

2) Some of the ways that kidney disease can be prevented is doing daily excersing, also by having a balanced diet and checking up on your doctor regularly. It basically having a healthy lifestyle.

3) If I had kidney disease I would rather choose kidney transplant than dialysis. Even though kidney transplant its more dangerous, because you don´t know how your body is going to react, it is much faster than dialysis, because once you get the transplant it won´t interfere with your life. Meanwhile dialysis it really time consuming and very exhausting.

Martina Cuevas 1.D
Back to top Go down
gregorio ingham

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 pm

1. The people that are at high risk to have kidney problems are those who have a combination of diabetes and hypertension, high blood presure(greater than 120/70) and family history of kidney disease. Also, african americans, hispanics, pacific islanders, native americans and seniors are at increased risk.
2. The easier and most healthy way to prevent kidney disease is exercising and having a good balanced diet. It is also important to have regular blood and urine test from the age of 18. This way you can detect Kidney Disease hopefully at an early age. These tests are also recommended if a family member suffers from kidney disease.
3. If the kidney problem is small, I’ll prefer to do kidney dialysis because it is less risky and cheaper than a kidney transplant. Having a kidney transplant is not 100% efficient because there is a possibility that your body rejects the organ, but if my kidney disease was too advanced, it would be easier to have a transplant because dialysis is too long and you depend on it for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
Cata Muñoz

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

1)People that are propane to get kidney disease may have diabetes, high blood pressure or a family member who this disease.
2)The best way to prevent kidney disease is to control your blood pressure, be alert of your bladder or urinary tract, decrease animal proteins in your diet and if you have a family member with kidney disease discuss wit a physician.
3)I would choose kidney dialysis because it’s not very dangerous and cheaper than the kidney transplant. If you get a kidney transplant it may cause many problems to your body, suffer a lot of pain and at the end the body would reject the organ.
Cata Muñoz Laughing
Back to top Go down
vicente

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 pm

1) People who have a high blood pressure or have high levels of sugar in their blood (sugar diabetes)are most likely to suffer from kidney disease. Having more than one of this factors will almost result in kidney disease.

2) To prevent kidney disease you should have a healthy lifestyle doing sports and eating healthy.Going to medical controls to check your blood pressure and sugar level is also a good way to prevent kidney disease.

3) If i had kidney disease i rather have a transplant before dialysis. Even though the transplant is more risky, it cures the problem. With dialysis the problem dosen´t go away and going to the doctor very often it would affect my lifestyle, thats why i prefer transplant.

Vicente Etchebarne 1D
Back to top Go down
Anto Rodriguez

PostSubject: Kidney Disease    Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 pm

1) People that have more chances to suffer from kidney disease are people with high levels of sugar in the blood (diabetes) or high blood pressure (hypertension). Well, the possibilities are higher if both diabetes and hypertension are present. This desease can also be inherited.

2) It can be prevented by avoiding diabetes or hypertension to produce in your body. How? First being aware your diet is normal, and exercise is present in your life. Also constant blood and urine tests are necessary, just as cheking your blood pressure frequently.

3) Definetly, I would prefer a Kidney transplant. It is a treatment that totally cures the disease in my opinion, because it leaves a person just how it used to be before the disease. It brings him/her into normality again. On the other hand the kidney dyalisis brings a machine into your life, and doesn`t let you continue with the normal life you had before.

Antonia Rodriguez 1A
santa pig
Back to top Go down
francisco grgurina

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 pm

1) The most likely to suffer kidney disease are people with diabetes and people with high blood pressure (hypertension). Also people with family hiustory of having this disease may also have because it is hereditary.

2) By checking ourselves regularly, doing lots of exercises, keeping our blood pressure normally and ofcourse having a good diet.

3) I would prefer to have a kidney trasplant, basically because i would take the risk only one time and then go on with my normal life. With a Kidney dialysis i would have to go to the doctor at least 3 times a week and for a very long time, which would really disturb in my everyday life.
Back to top Go down
fernanda valiente

PostSubject: Kidney Disease and the Solutions (MFA)   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

1) What type of people are most likely to suffer from kidney disease?
People that are most likely to suffer from kidney disease are the ones who suffer of diabetes and high glucose levels in the blood, people with a high blood pressure called hypertension or people who can inherite the kidneys disease also are the most likely to suffer from this disease.

2) How can kidney disease best be prevented?
Kidney disease can best be prevented by controlling your diet, cholesterol and cheking your blood and sugar levels regurarly, doing lots of excercise frequently and drinking water, and simlpy being aware of your blood pressure. All these help you kidneys so that you don't get the disease.

3) If you were suffering from Kidney disease, which form of treatment would you prefer to have; Kidney Dialysis or a Kidney transplant? Explain clearly why.
If I were suffering from kidney disease I would prefer a kidney transplant. At the beginning, the cost of the operation and all may seem high, but through out time, it is much cheaper than using dialysis. Its hard to have to live your whole life stuck to a machine, it reduces your movement, and may be inefficienter because of having to renew the dialysis fluid and many other things.

Fernanda Valiente 1ºE lol!
Back to top Go down
carlos.munoz

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm

1)- People with high blood preasure.
- people that have family members that have had kidney disease before.
- People with diabetes.
- Any accident in the kidney.

2) You can prevent kidney diseases by exercising on a regular basis, have a balance diet and drinking lots of water so that the blood preasure does not get to highalso people should go to the doctor once a year to check.

3) If I had kidney disease I would prefer kidney transplant, it is more expensive but it is better because you can continue to do your normal life after the operation, and not be in a machine.
Back to top Go down
tomasarce

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 pm

1) People who have high blood pressure (hypertension) are more likely to have kidney diseases. If you have (sugar) diabetes or your family has had kidney diseases you are also more likely to have kidney diseases. If you have HBP and diabetes you are very likely to have kidney problems. If any of your family members has hypertension and/or diabetes you are also more likely to have kidney problems.
2) You can prevent kidney diseases by being more aware of kidney problems, especially in places with high risk populations. When you are over 18 (years) you should visit the doctor annually to do blood and urine test to check for kidney diseases. If you have a history of family members with kidney diseases you should visit the doctor more than once in the year. You should also do exercise more regularly and have a healthy diet. If you do these last two things you reduce your blood pressure, your blood sugars and your cholesterol. If these last three things are low, you have fewer chances to have kidney diseases.
3) I would definitely prefer a kidney transplant. I think this because it would take less time from life and would allow me to have a more normal life. This process would also be cheaper (at the long term), or at least in countries like Chile in which dialysis isn’t covered by the Government.
Back to top Go down
antonia.hurtado

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:51 pm

1. People who are most likely than others to develop kidney disease are those with sugar diabetes, people who have a high blood pressure, have inherited or have a family history of kidney disease and old people.

2. We can prevent kidney disease by first increasing our awareness its existance. Also by controlling your diet, doing a lot of exercise and drinking water so your blood pressure doesnt get too high. Checking your blood and sugar levels frequently is a good way of detecting the kidney disease before its too late.

3. If I had kidney disease I would choose to have a kidney transplant. Although it has dangerous risks and might cause tissue rejection, after my body got accustomed to the transplant it would permit my life to keep going normally as it was before, without having to depend daily on a machine to survive.

Back to top Go down
fernando orrego

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 pm

1)The mayor causes of kidney disease are diabetes (mellitus type 1 or 2) and high blood pressure (hypertension). Also having a family history of the disease increases your chances of having it. Accidents can also originate the disease.

2)It can be prevented by increasing our daily exercising, by drinking lot of water and by doing things to maintain your blood pressure low. Also visiting the doctor frequently is a good way to prevent it.

3)I would choose a kidney transplant. This because it’s the only way you would live normally for the rest of your life. With dialysis you would have to stay part of the day with machines and would be very difficult to live in those conditions. Also you would have to be in special diets to prevent the kidney from being damaged.

Fernando Orrego
Back to top Go down
isabella st.

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 pm

1. The people most likely to suffer from kidney disease are those who: have hiper-tension, diabetes, heart diseases, high colesterol, lupus, postinfectious conditions, a regular use of analgesics, vascular diseases or a family history of kidney disease.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/chronic_kidney_disease/page2_em.htm#Chronic Kidney Disease Causes

2. Kidney disease can be prevented by having regular check-ups by your doctor, checking your blood pressure regularly and controlling it, taking ACE inhibitor medication if you have a family history of kidney disease, have a yearly urine-blood test, doing exercise regularly and drinking lots of water.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2051923_prevent-kidney-disease.html

3. If I was suffering from kidney disease I would prefer to have a kidney transplant because it's much cheaper in the long term and it disrupts less your life than dialysis. With dyalisis you would have to go 3 days a week to have dyalisis, which lasts 6-8hrs, interrupting your daily life. If you have a transplant you would only have to take drugs to stop tissue rejection and once you've recovered from the operation, everything pretty much goes back to normal.

Isabella Stockins pig
Back to top Go down
Catalina Junemann

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:34 am

1)The people who are most likely to develop kidney disease are the ones who have diabetes, high pressure, a history of kidney disease in their family and old people.
2)To prevent kidneys disease first of all it is important to be aware of the existence of the disease, if you doubt of being sick it is a good option to visit the doctor and take a blood and urine test. But mainly to prevent it you must eat a healthy diet (low cholesterol) and exercise regularly.
3)In the case I was diagnosed with kidney disease, I believe I wouldn’t like neither a kidney transplant nor dialysis, both have several risks. Having a kidney transplant is dangerous because your body can reject the organ tissue which is complicated and also painful, and dialysis is a short term solution with a bad quality life (it requires lot of time and it makes you dependent of the disease). But I actually would rather choose having dialysis because I think is a safer way of endure the disease.
Back to top Go down
Camilla Cordano

PostSubject: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:00 pm

1. People who suffer of sugar diabetes or high blood pressure (hypertension), as well as a combination of both. Kidney disease may also be inherited, so people who have history in their family are more likely to suffer from it.

2. First of all, it is important to be aware of its existance in order to prevent it. You must be aware of your blood pressure and take urine and blood tests.
An adequate diet and a right amount of excersise also help to prevent it because they contribute in lowering blood pressure, blood sugars and cholesterol, three important factors which affect the functioning of the kidney.

3. I would prefer a kidney transplant. Eventhough it has some risks, it is a less complicated process than dyalisis and in a long term, it is much cheaper than it. If you choose dyalisis, you have to spend a lot of time worrying about it since you must have around three dyalisis sessions per week, which last 6 to 8 hours. It also restrincts your regular lifestyle, because you must be connected to a machine for a long time period,limiting your activities. Moreover, there are never sufficient machines and trained staff to treat all the people who need dyalisis, so you would be constantly competing against other people to be chosen.
Back to top Go down
nati bruna

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:59 pm

1) What type of people are most likely to suffer from kidney disease?

People who suffer of diabetes or high blood pressure. People who have any of these diseases in their family history are also in risk of suffering a kidney disease.

2) How can kidney disease best be prevented?

You can check your blood pressure regularly, eat a balanced diet, and exercise, but afterwards you must drink water

3) If you were suffering from Kidney disease, which form of treatment would you prefer to have; Kidney Dialysis or a Kidney transplant? Explain clearly why.

I would prefer to have a transplant even though it can be dangerous and my body may reject the tissue, because the transplant would allow me to have more freedom than the kidney transplant, I would not have to go 3 times a week to the doctor and have your blood cleaned for 6-8 hours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kidney Disease and the Solutions   Kidney Disease and the Solutions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kidney Disease and the Solutions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next